Wednesday 17 February 2010

Bad advice

I had a client in one of my classes the other day say something strange, and I had to comment on it. She had been told by her masseuse NOT to lift heavy weights, the suggestion being that she was now too tight in her muscles as a result... Unfortunately now I have to re-educate her that lifting heavy is actually a good thing! Of course always make sure you warm up before a work out, and you can cool down with stretches afterwards, and if you are STILL feeling tight - go to a masseuse! By let them just do their job, not mine (I am a qualified masseuse, so I am happy to do their job though!).

There are always people out there that will give bad advice. So question everything; even what I tell you! Challenge it, research it, experience it - decide for yourself if it is good advice. By telling someone they shouldn't lift heavy, good form allowing, is ridiculous. If you do not want to challenge yourself, get back on the sofa and stay away from the gym.

No comments: